Dragon Pearl Jasmine

Brand:Harney and Sons
Style:Jasmine Tea
Region:Fujian, China

This tea's info last updated: Oct. 10, 2016

This is a masterpiece from Fuan, China. Beautiful little hand rolled pearls are gently infused with the floral essences from Jasmine flowers. The tea is a delight to look at and its brew also delivers. The light colored brew is full of floral and sweet aromas. Always a delight.

Hands down, this is my favorite ever so far Jasmine tea in a sachet! I have been drinking it on special treat for the past several months. I absolutely love the Jasmine smell and the tea tastes exquisite! Each time, I've gotten two full-bodied brews out of my sachet. I plan on trying for a third. No bitterness whatsoever. This is just the tea I need when I want to relax, or after a long day.

Excellent jasmine pearl! Very smooth. I tend to get tired of jasmine teas where the jasmine dominates too much, so I was happy that this one was well balanced. The tea I had was in a sachet rather than loose, but the sachet was very airy and was very full of tea. When I've had loose pearls like this before, I've used only 5 and been happy with my cup. This used probably double that number. (I should have counted, but was in a hurry.) Once the tea expanded, it completely filled the rather spacious bag. This allowed for the brewing of a decently flavorful tea that stood up well to at least three brewings.

Also, I steeped it for several (uncounted) minutes, yet didn't have a problem with bitterness, so for me it was a fairly easy cup to brew. I should point out that this was made using the filtered hot water at work, and so perhaps was a lower temperature than people would use at home. However, I really think it worked well.

Delicious but expensive. Smells so great in the tin. Floral notes (Duh - it's a jasmine!) and a a pale-greenish brew brew upon a short steep. Do not over-steep this one.
I enjoy watching the little balls unfurl as the water hits them. I have never tried this on ice - but I imagine it'd be good. Oh, I love Jasmine teas and this is a good pick.

2014: Fantastic and worth a re-order.

I was pleasantly surprised by this Jasmine. Typically I find that Jasmine teas smell fantastic but brew super bitter and tasteless. Dragon Pearl Jasmine, on the other hand, was both aromatic and flavorful without being overpowering. A solid choice for Jasmine.

Complex aroma, less floral than most Jasmines and than I had expected. I liked this tea but I'm not sure I perceived it the same way it is described...it tasted a little bit peppery to me...the base tea reminded me somewhat of a white peony and somewhat of a pouchong. This tea is gentle if you brew it briefly but can become stronger without becoming too bitter if you let it steep much longer. I think I actually prefer more traditional Jasmine teas, but this one was nice for a change of pace.