Earl Grey French Blue

Brand:Mariage Freres
Style:Blue Flower Earl Grey
Region:Blend

Graceful and sophisticated, this classic blend reinvents itself by pairing the fruity, zesty and lightly peppery notes of refined bergamot with the sweet-scented hint of cornflower. Balanced and full of body with ample and lasting flavour, the liquor floods the palate with its charm and majesty.

Balanced and subtle this bergamot tea is one of my favorite in the morning.

As I now leave outside of France I buy once / twice a year and the loose tea keep its taste over time, not like many others.

As far as Earl Grey goes, this tea is a wonderfully balanced and soft-on-the-palate tea. It also happens to be one of few Earl Greys that takes on more aroma after steeping.

I find it to be a bit overpriced, but it's very possible that I don't comprehend its true value. On the occasions where Marriage Frères is the only tea available, I have always enjoyed the Blue Flower Earl Grey.

The bergamot that makes this an Earl Grey tea is of high quality and not at all obtrusive. The "French Blue" refers to the addition of "bleuet royal" (blue cornflower). My wife and I have enjoyed this blend for years. We believe It is one of the better Earl Greys on the market. It is available loose and in sachets.