PG Tips Pyramid bags

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also PG Tips Decaf.

Brand:PG Tips
Style:Black Tea
Region:Blend

The eighth wonder of the world! Pyramid bags give the tea leaves room to breathe so you can get even more out of the great PG tips flavour.

Page 1 2 3 of 3 pages with 23 reviews

A trip to London introduced me to this brand. I must say I enjoy the black tea it offers. I prefer with milk and sugar. Very affordable to the average tea drinker.

PG Tips is a reasonable British black tea blend. It is one of my "old standbys, " and I particularly like that PG Tips prides itself on ethics.

It's my staple "tea diet" in the UK and the "office brew" as well so you could say I almost exist on this. Makes a lovely cuppa, a dash of milk and a spoon of sugar - perfect. Just right after a long drive into the office.

PG Tips is really meant to be drunk British style, with an ample dose of milk and some sugar. And if you just walked in from a long walk in a cold December rain, that helps. If you want to drink black tea straight, I would not recommend this tea. But if you want a tea that is strong enough to stand up to a milk and sugar, this is a good one.

This is my definition of tea. It is smooth, not bitter and has a wonderful aroma. When you see pictures of people having tea in England, it's this kind of tea.

Even though I am not from the UK, I drink my tea as a lot do there-cream and sugar. Since drinking this tea 5 years ago or so, it has won my heart. It is my stable go to basic black tea bag tea. When I want a no frills blend, this is it. It is very comforting to me and I reach for it when I am being nostalgic. Yes, I do agree it does steep fast and can be bitter BUT, it is never too bad that cream and sugar do not save it. I am not a purest of black tea (thus yet), but I think even if I was, my love of cream and sugar will always draw me home to this because I think that is how this was meant to be drunk:)

This tea is the worst I have ever had in my life. I think dirty dish water would taste better than this.
2 Comments

Good old PG Tips, an oldie but a goodie. There's nothing flowery and wishy-washy about this "builders brew". This is everything you would expect from a stereotypical British cuppa. Very quick brewing, good malty aroma and a pleasant flavour. Best brewed in a mug and enjoyed with the biscuit tin beside you.

PG tips is the best ever for straight Black Tea drinkers (no sugar no cream). Great for ice tea because it's strong and three bags make a good quart for sweet or unsweet ready for ice. I drink it hot and all the way till it cools, drives my English relatives bommy. Love the stuff!

PG Tips as I know so far is one of the most loved teas in the UK. It is strong and Aromatic and indeed, Posh, It has so many good qualities so if you like tea alot I suggest you get this one because it's strong and really nice and even if you smell the teabag it's so strong and real tea drinkers drink PG Tips. I personally like the tea's with teabags because the loose ones float about in the tea. I also think it tastes Grainy the loose ones. So I prefer Teabags and now I am going to get to the bit where what biscuits its good with. I personally like it with digestives or Fox's Rich Tea. Chocolatey Biscuits like Oreo's aren't really good with it since PG Tips is best hot and Oreo, If it's too hot it melts and gets in the tea and bits of Oreo in your tea isn't really nice. And also it makes the Oreo taste abit Bad but I think PG Tips is best on its own because I drink it on it's own. But Biscuits like Digestives can go nicely with it. Normally with my breakfast everyday I either have Coffee or PG Tips. I love it and It helps me wake up because of it's epic flavour. In the UK and Indeed all around the world it's loved by millions. The reason it's so nice is because when the companies use the tea leaves the secret they use is that they only pick the top two leaves on each tea plant. And they also pick the Bud and they pick the best leaves that go with the tea. If it was rated by the Times or any other companies that rate things it would get an absolute glowing piece written by them. And by the way I am not sponsored by PG Tips to give them rating and reviews I just love their tea so much I can't resist writing this. They work hard and the value of the tea is 100% worth it and PG Tips is the best of the best tea's I can recommend.

Page 1 2 3 of 3 pages with 23 reviews