Jade Citrus Mint

Brand:Teavana
Style:Flavored Green Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:Blend

Bright citrus balance of lemon verbena and lemongrass with a hint of spearmintand rich China Chun Mee green tea base.

A smooth, creamy tea where the mint aroma is more evident than the base tea. Resteeps very well.

Sampled at the Starbucks in Newark, Delaware.

This is the tea that replaced, or corresponds fairly closely with, the old Tazo Zen, the combination of green tea with spearmint and lemon-scented herbs. Neither tea is a favorite of mine, but I think this is a slight improvement. My one complaint about this one is that it was almost too "clear" tasting, almost to the point of tasting a bit "empty".

Brews a beautiful golden cup. The aroma is surprisingly perfumey: the spearmint dominates, but there are fruity and floral hints. The mint has a candy-like quality. The lemon is barely detectable.

Upon drinking, very strongly cooling from the mint, yet also creamy and smooth. The base tea is subtle, and seems mainly to impart body. It may be imparting flavor and aroma, but I find it hard to pin any aromatic notes on the tea.

Resteeps well. The second cup was surprisingly strong, and tasted more herbaceous than the first. I also found that the base tea's flavor came out a little bit more in the second cup.

Enjoyable, but not the sort of tea I'd drink regularly. I also think it is overpriced, if bought loose from Teavana, but I'd happily order and drink it in a Starbucks if I were in the mood.

with or without sugar, this tea tasty very good, and I read its all natural, (rare in teavana house).

This is a blended tea, but the menthol-esque mint flavor is by far the dominant taste; I didn't even realize that this was a green tea blend until I looked up the product page.

Nonetheless, as far as minty teas go, I like the flavor of this one quite a lot. I'd even buy it in place of a lot of pure mint teas--if it weren't for the fact that the price doesn't feel justifiable to me. There are a lot of more interesting teas out there in Teavana's price range.