Rate and review teas. The most comprehensive tea resource on the web.

Home » Teavana » Teas » Six Summits Oolong® Tea

Six Summits Oolong® Tea

Brand:Teavana
Style:Flavored Oolong
Region:?????

Commercial Description:

Our most exceptionally handcrafted Oolong tea combined with luscious red raspberries plump from the vine. Great for multiple infusions.

Brewing Instructions: (from Teavana)

Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-200 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

60 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 6/10
I used to hate oolong tea. I couldn't tell you the brands I tried in the past, but every cup of oolong I sipped tasted like mud. And, I know most tea-savvy people feel disdain toward Teavana, but I have to say their Six Summits Oolong opened my mind to oolong. That I could enjoy it.

The scent of the dried tea is pleasant. Actually, the way I’m about to describe it is kind of odd. But, believe me, pleasant none-the-less. It smells like a combination of dried catnip and red fruit roll-ups, folks. It’s earthy, but the raspberries lend a certain sweetness to it.

The Oolong flavor was good-- earthy but not muddy. Initially, I couldn’t taste the raspberries, they did create a pleasant aftertaste though–sweet and slightly tart, just like a raspberry should taste!

47 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 4/10
This tea I have proven 3 times, I want to taste the flavor, for me dont taste the raspeberries neither the leaf of the oolong.

I wait something more of the tea, but never happen.