Jasmine Green Tea

Brand:Trader Joe's
Style:Jasmine Tea
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: May. 30, 2013

Trader Joe's Jasmine Green Tea is blended with fragrant jasmine blossoms to create a subtle floral aroma combined with the goodness of green tea. This natural beverage is ideal by itself or with meals. Serve hot or over ice.

Admittedly I've only tried two jasmine green teas so far--Twinings and Trader Joe's, and I thought Twinings was beyond lame. So I may be too jaded by a crappy experience with another brand. That said...

By comparison, TJ's is much more flavorful and "jasminy", but it could be far stronger still both for the base tea and for the jasmine. I've had 5-7 bags so far. It is well-balanced and tasty, but even after brewing for what seems like forever, this one still tastes a little on the weak side. I get the best experience by brewing two bags in one cup. Ratchet up the torque on it, TJ! There's a lot of potential here, but it's only about 60% home so far.

I wasn't all that impressed with this tea. The Jasmine smell was a little weak and it had left a strong burnt aftertaste in my mouth after brewing for the recommended time. The taste reminded me more of a black tea than a green.

Not my favorite bagged Jasmine tea for hot tea -- I'll keep looking for something more aromatic and less strong! I do plan on trying it iced.

Cheap!!!! And convenient. Not a holy grail but I love Jasmine teas and this one is good in a pinch. (Bagged.)

I find this tea to be very refreshing. It's aroma invokes clean laundry and spring. I've only recently become a tea drinker, so my experience isn't extensive, but this tea has helped me give up diet coke and cigarettes.