English Breakfast

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also English Breakfast Decaffeinated.

Brand:Twinings
Style:English Breakfast
Region:?????

Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 12 reviews

87 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 5/5 Overall: 9/10
I recently have started drinking tea a few months ago. This blend is my favorite, smooth, flavorful, and I drink it daily. I boil water, pour over teabag and let steep 3-4 mins. I usually don't add anything but when I do ill toss in a sugar cube. Im still a newbie but compared to other store bought brands it isn't that bad if you live in a rural area with few options unless you order online.

40 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 3/10
This is a medium strength blend with a sharp taste that reminds me of tobacco. It definitely likes some milk and sugar in it. However, I try to avoid adding sugar to anything, so I also mostly avoid this tea blend.

63 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 7/10
This is my everyday black tea, as it's a few hundred times better than Lipton and still affordable. It's okay on its own, but I usually add cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, sugar and milk to make my own chai. I don't find it to be too strong or astringent, but I don't steep it for very long and I never go for a second brew.

70 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 8/10
Just yesterday I brewed a pot of Twinings English Breakfast Tea (loose leaf) for an impromptu tea party with my sister who is a coffee drinker. She loved it! It's flavor is malty with pleasant notes of nuts and toast. Both comforting and energizing, this tea is great for a morning wake up brew or a soothing pick me up cup in the afternoon. Like a faithful friend, Twinings English Breakfast Tea comes through for me every time. It is a nice tea that I will always have on hand in my tea pantry.

47 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 5/10
I'm not sure if I'll ever be crazy about black teas. I got a sampler pack of Twinings black teas so that I could try out my tastes, and this one was the most *meh* to me. Neither the aroma nor the taste were my style. I think I'll bring the remainder of these to work for others to use.

57 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 5/10
I actually enjoyed the first & second infusion of the teabag I brewed out of sheer desperation. Maybe it was because I was sick, maybe it was the 2 packets of Splenda I added (no honey to be found) and maybe it was because a hot cup of ANYTHING would have helped, but I rather liked the Twinings. Not a holy grail, but not bad. A little bit of a bitter after-taste. I've had better and I've had worse.

37 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 4/10
bitter and astringent smell, taste is bitter black tea that is too strong in bitterness...alex gets it right saying it tastes a bit like cardboard...not pleasant x3

40 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 4/10
This tea is nothing special. It's a pity, you'd expect Twinings to get at least a basic English Breakfast tea right, but sadly this one falls short. Not only is the flavor lacking, but it's easily overbrewed, and tends towards the bitter side.

If one manages to properly brew it, there's still nothing to write home about. It tastes strong, and a little malty, but there's an unpleasant edge to it. I tolerate it because it's standard fare when you ask for an English Breakfast tea around here, but if you can find something else, definitely do.

47 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 5/10
I thought this tea uninteresting. As an English Breakfast tea, I strongly prefer Twinings Ceylon Orange Pekoe. If they labelled that tea as their English Breakfast, I'd be perfectly convinced.

This tea has a very bold flavor. It is quite bitter--more so than astringent, which I like. Produces a clear cup with a rich reddish hue. The aroma is very flat, however. Slightly malty, but also tastes a little like cardboard. The teabag I tried was very fresh too, so I know this isn't a question of freshness, I just thought this tea was lacking.

50 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 4/10
I'm not crazy about the flavor of this tea. It's a little bitter, and very sensitive to brewing time. I brewed it for 2 minutes and that seems to be optimal. I usually brew tea for at least 4 minutes because I like it strong. I added cream and sugar.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 12 reviews