Golden Chai™ - Spiced Assam Black Tea - Organic - Fair Trade

Brand:Numi Organic Tea
Style:Chai / Spiced Tea
Region:Assam, India

Our chai delight blends Assam tea with worldly spices. This rich infusion has a complex hearty flavor evoking a warm balance.

70 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 7/10
Interesting tea. The spice combination isn't my favorite, but it isn't bad. I think the cardamom is a little too strong relative to the other flavors. I definitely think this is one to drink with milk, in which case it could be exactly what you're craving when the mood strikes you. The black tea works well and isn't at all bitter.

Note: My second cup was better than my first due to being lighter. So if you don't have milk to mix with it, it's probably best to keep that first steep under 4 minutes.

53 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 5/10
I have to start off by saying that Numi is probably the first tea bag I ever had that really "wowed" me. I have tried many of their teas and if I see their name, I feel that it is going to be quality. So, that is why I got this Chai. I have been on a Chai kick, with the colder weather. This Chai is good. Not great, but I did enjoy it. I think that the cardamon may have been a little off for me, when I try to put a finger on it. I still love Numi, just will try a different Chai next time. The Holiday one sounds good.
2 Comments

47 Aroma: 2/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 5/10
This chai is average, today I almost made 99 percent of beautiful chai as being drink In India, making a base of assam golden tip Koenga Tea estate second flush hard boiled for 5 minutes. Added milk and boild the mixuture with 2 cloves, 2 black pepper, a green cardomom and small stick of cardomom. The liquor was thick brown chai with not so dominating aroma of spices, the result was more of tea flavour and less ofspices. This is chai. I have seen most of the company offer loose leaf tea for making chai with added spices. For the best result CTC is recommended. The companies should offer CTC mixed with a tinge of few flavoured spices more of green cardomom , cloves. To finish the iquour at last I use few tinges if safron to enoy my daily cuppa of chai.

83 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 9/10
I like this tea a lot, even though I didn't follow the steeping instructions exactly for the perfect cup, which involve dancing with a loved one while the tea is steeping. But the tea still turned out very good. I like to drink it with sugar and cream.

57 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 6/10
Surprisingly weak given that this contains Assam black tea as the main ingredient. I brewed this in a small 6 oz. cup, for 3 minutes, with boiling water, and it still came out fairly weak (and a golden color, not a rich brown color like most black teas). My impression is either that less tea was used, or that a gentler, lighter Assam tea was used...one that has been bowled over by the strong presence of spices.

I also found the aroma of this tea a bit confusing given the ingredient list. It really smells like there is some clove in here, but none is listed. I don't notice as much cinnamon, even though cinnamon is the main ingredient. Cardamom is also listed, but I don't notice it as much. The ginger is muted--none of the ginger kick like fresh ginger adds.

Overall, this was not bad, and was pleasing to drink, but it was not anything like what I was expecting. It was also a disappointment when compared to Numi's other teas, which have been consistently higher quality than I felt this one was.

67 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 7/10
This is pretty tasty. Very spicy, perhaps too many sharp as opposed to sweet notes for my taste. A little expensive but a nice, strong chai.