Assam - Organic

Brand:Two Leaves Tea
Style:Assam
Region:Assam, India
Loose/teabag:Sachet

Sure, you can sip Assam for breakfast. We encourage it. But we're not going to call this tea the classic "English Breakfast," because that typically refers to a blend of lesser quality teas. These are big, black, organic tea leaves grown in Assam, India, where hot days and cool nights bring out a rich, full flavor.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 14 reviews

Not bad for a black tea. Detected a little bitterness in the finish, but it wasn't off putting. Also smelled and tasted subtly raisin-like. Not bad, but not outstanding and not my personal favorite style of tea--especially given that it's rather pricey.

smells like a strong black tea...value as described by @Alex Z....flavor is at you would expect with a slightly bitter finish...very middle of the road
1 Comment

I am enjoying the Organic Assam from 2 leaves (and a bud) - it brews up strong but not bitter - very "clean" tasting and great for breakfast in Winter. Delicious and easy to drink.

As with all the teabags from 2 Leaves - it is over priced.

The aroma is lovely, you can certainly tell it is an Assam from the first sniff! Rich and malty. I was however, surprised by the amount of dust in the tea wrapper and then in my tea, I have not run into that before with this company's Assam.

The taste is quite good! Malty, rich, subtly sweet, and not at all bitter. I think this tea would be perfect to make a Chai and I will have to get more to do just that!

I love everything about this tea but the price.

One of the best things I like about this tea is the Aroma, Has a great aroma, Very great Aroma this has, The best Aroma there is actually in my opinion. Very strong, The way I like it. I like it when there are guests here, When you just want a cup of tea with your breakfast I really don't recommend this tea. I recommend the normal English Breakfast Tea that people normally have. Such as Earl Grey, Or PG Tips. This is a pretty good value also because you just need abit and if you go to the supermarket it is very cheap for alot, I hate the Teabags for Assam Tea. I personally prefer the loose tea and when drinking it to leave the chopped up loose Tea Leaves inside it. I love it in the night, But I don't really drink it when I am just about to go to bed and I don't recommend you to either. This tea is not very good in the morning. Also it leaves the Tea cup very Aromatic after you drink it or put Honey with it. I recommend also after/if you put Honey with your cup of Assam Tea I don't really like the Aroma being left in the cup because if I have a different brand of tea afterwards, Assam ruins the Aroma of my next cup of tea/coffee. So this tea is pretty good overall. Love the Aroma, In my Opinion it is the aroma of this Tea is great!

I had this tea with my breakfast and was pretty happy with it. I thought it was mild and smooth, and I liked that it didn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

This tea is pretty good. Strong enough, but not too bitter. I added cream and sugar.

A great tea to make a chai blend base. Koenga golden tip Assam second flush Invoice can give this malty flavour when brewed for 5 minutes in 212 F. Its is one of the finest offering from Assam that is mild unlike halmari strong. Though I like of strong Assam.

This is a very mild Assam. It is super smooth and has no bitterness whatsoever. To me it tastes like malty, liquid honey. It is super sweet, thick, and smooth. It has a sweet smell, similar to a raisin or apricot, with a slight tobacco aroma. When I taste it however, the only flavors that come through for me are the honey and malt.
1 Comment