Rooibos (Formerly Red Mellow Bush) - Organic

Brand:Numi Organic Tea
Style:Rooibos
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:South Africa

Also called Red Tea, Rooibos is an herb indigenous to the Cederberg region of South Africa. It has a deep, earthy vanilla taste, is rich in antioxidants and known for its calming affects.

80 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 8/10
I haven't tried many plain rooibos teas, but I very much enjoy this one. The flavor is balanced and pleasant--nice for when you want a soothing, straightforward herbal tea. It infuses quickly to a deep red-brown. As I drink it, I can also easily appreciate why I've often enjoyed this as a base for other flavorings. The taste and flavor are pleasant (no bitterness), blend well with a variety of flavors, and yet isn't obtrusive or overly dominant. I also tried it with lemon juice added and really enjoyed that cup. Certainly a satisfactory experience. :-)

67 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 7/10
This rooibos had an unusual complexity for a tea bag. However, it also had considerable astringency.. Aroma slightly fruity, earthy, and with straw-like tones.

Rich. Not the smoothest rooibos though. I'd take this over most brands of rooibos sold in tea bags, although at home I prefer loose-leaf rooibos.