Irish Breakfast

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Irish Breakfast Decaffeinated.

Brand:Twinings
Style:Irish Breakfast
Region:?????

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 19 reviews

80 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 9/10
A full flavor breakfast tea to wake you up in the morning. Best flavor if steeped long enough, the black tea flavor really shines through but much stronger then English Breakfast. Even when added to milk the taste dosent suffer.

70 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 2/5 Overall: 7/10
This is one of my favorite teas by Twinings, although it is not my favorite Irish breakfast blend. Its worst problem is that it tends to be overpriced.

67 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 6/10
I have no issues with this STRONG black tea - that stands up well to sweetener and/or milk (I never put milk nor cream in tea but if you do this is a good one). Traditional and smooth-tasting and brews up DARK in seconds. You can easily get 2-3 infusions from a bag. Inexpensive and available at supermarkets. Not a holy grail - but a solid, caffeinated "Breakfast-style" tea that will wake you right up!

60 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 6/10
Can't say I know this tea all that well, but I have good memories of it each time I drink it. It's not a great tea, but it is a best option at many cafés and kioskes in Paris.

Served with whole milk it can be quite pleasant. It's a smooth tea wich has a suprisingly low bitterness. To my memory it is slightly astringent as well. It has a subtle and calming aroma, which makes it very suitable for the early morning.

53 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 6/10
I should note off the bat that I actually brewed this from a K-cup. I'm not sure that would have any effect on the end product beyond decreasing the steeping time, though--and since I steep my teabags until I'm done with the tea, I assume this experience was closer to that of the average person than my own standard experience.

I feel somewhat obligate to give this a low score for aroma because I couldn't smell much of anything from it. This was a decent black tea, strong but absent the soaplike taste I detect from some black teas no matter how much I limit the steeping time. It provides the sort of caffeine jolt I want in the morning, and it tastes quite good with the addition of milk.

63 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 7/10
Actually one of Twining's better blends. A bit bolder than their English breakfast tea, with more pronounced malty flavor. A nice mix of Ceylon and Assam teas. Stands up to sugar and cream if you go that way, and just fine on it's own. Biggest disappointment is the lack of aroma. Makes a pretty decent cup of tea.

57 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 6/10
pretty bland in terms of aroma and taste (is that synonymous with Irish?), but good for a change once in a while.

47 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 5/10
Though they ended up with the same score, I actually liked the Irish Breakfast slightly better than the English Breakfast from Twinings. Unfortunately, to say I "enjoyed" it would still be too strong.

73 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5 Overall: 8/10
I was surprised it was it did not have more aroma, but it was very pleasant for such a low cost tea . Overall, I liked this tea. I am a new tea drinker.
1 Comment

50 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 3/5 Overall: 4/10
decent smell that is mild black tea.... flavor is decently strong with light black tea flavor, a little bitter....what I would consider a very basic, plain tea x2

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 19 reviews