San Mateo Air Dried Loose Yerba Mate

Brand:Guayaki
Style:Yerba Maté
Region:Brazil

This tea's info last updated: Aug. 16, 2010

Sourced from the rainforest of the San Mateo region in Southern Brazil, this air-dried yerba mate is bright and lively. Packaging is biodegradable.

Drinking this in my gourd this morning while doing housework. Yerba Mate is one of my great loves. There is nothing like a warm gourd amigo to help me get through my day. It makes my body feel light and airy, and hums around my feet and hands. Strange, I know, but this is the only way I can properly describe it.

Today I filled my gourd 1/6th of the way full. A tiny splash of cold charcoal-filtered spring water to awaken the leaves Added cooler water than what is usually prescribed on other websites, and ‘resteeped’ about six times. Tannins were lower than usual, and disappeared after the third gourd-full.
To me, this is the only way to drink mate :P Nothing else compares!

This is one of the best Matés on the market. It is now the only Maté I will buy. The flavor is brighter and has more depth than the traditional Maté that Guayaki offers. This is good prepared in a gourd, a french press, a drip coffee brewer, a teapot, and an on the go brewing mug (yes I have tried all these ways). It is hard to mess up, just as long as you know not to use too much. It is very strong and will become a bit overpowering if too much leaf is brewed for too long. Once you get the hang of it though, it is delicious.