Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea

Brand:Stash Tea
Product page:Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea

This tea's info last updated: Jan. 9, 2018

We made a good thing even better, adding double 100% pure bergamot to our award winning Earl Grey tea.

Reviewer pic90 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

My favorite Earl Grey. Being a person who likes things on the strong side, I love the double bergamot. It is not overwhelming at all.

Reviewer pic95 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

One of my favorite Earl grey teas for use in Royal milk tea. The bergamot flavoring is very strong making it overwhelming to drink straight, but with milk and honey it’s like having dessert in a glass.

Reviewer pic90 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

So far, this is my favorite EG, because it's less expensive than similarly robust English teas but comparable in body and richness. This tea hits you with a hearty dose of bergamot, exactly as advertised. No pretension, no fanciful attempts at backtaste or mystery...and I like it that way. It's a tea John Wayne might appreciate were he still alive.

This probably is the only American EG that competes toe-to-toe with the strongest English EGs for both bergamot potency and flavor of the base tea. I'll try anything at least once, especially as a gift or at a hotel, but it will take a lot to pry this one off the pedestal as my preferred EG to buy and pour into my gullet.

Reviewer pic70 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 5/5

Earl Grey Tea started my journey into black tea not so long ago. And so, I've tried this one for the double bergamot, thinking that it might be revealing what I like in Earl Grey, and I'm still looking forward to find a good, well-balanced, cheap one.

I bought a box of 20 of these in a Target for about $3, so the value seems about right.

I have to say, the product is as advertised. The flavor of the bergamot is very present, maybe a bit too much for my personal taste. My opinion is that it tastes a bit like hot orange juice with black tea, but I'm not an expert. I just feel like the Earl Grey that I know is a bit muted by the very prominent bergamot flavor.

Overall, I think this tea is directed at those who knows Earl Grey Teas for a long long time, and just wants to try something new, something more fruitful.
2 Comments

Reviewer pic100 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

My favourite tea, the double bergamot really has no competition when it comes to other earl greys.

More Earl Grey Tea from Stash Tea

Earl Grey Black Tea

Leaf:Teabag
4 Ratings
No image of this tea

Earl Grey Decaf Tea (Earl Grey Decaf Black Tea)

Caffeine:Decaffeinated