Tea: China Breakfast

Review of China Breakfast

AromaFlavorValueTotal
7 of 105 of 54 of 580 of 100
Very GoodExcellentGood Value

With many Chinese teas I find the bitterness to be somewhat overwhelming, but while this tea has some definite bitterness, it is pretty smooth and not at all unpleasant. It's a strong tea with a mild grassy aroma. Very astringent. A bit of a sour aftertaste. On the second steeping when the bitterness was significantly diminished, I could maybe taste a hint of watermelon.

Bold and energizing. A good breakfast tea.

Add your own review

Comments:

Alex Zorach wrote:
on September 17th, 2015

I also liked this tea. When I tried it I found it very low in astringency, but that was some time ago. I could have brewed it differently, or it could be that its character has changed over time. But overall I also found this tea pleasantly smooth.<br /> <br /> If you like this tea but want something a little less astringent, it's slightly pricier, but you could look to the Ancient Golden Yunnan from Rishi. It is similar but a little higher grade of a tea, very aromatic and a lot less harsh...it's able to be brewed very strongly before it gets too bitter or astringent.<br /> <br /> Also, if you want to branch out with other companies, I'd point to Keemun. Rishi sells a good Keemun, also worth trying, but it's hardly typical for its style (who knows, you might like that one too). I've found most Keemuns, including even inexpensive ones, to have a very pleasant aromatic character yet while being on the smooth side.

Login or Sign Up to comment or reply.