Pumpkin Spice Tea

Brand:Adagio Teas
Product page:Pumpkin Spice Tea

This tea's info last updated: Sep. 12, 2011

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Autumn festivities just wouldn't be the same without the comforting, smooth sweetness of spiced pumpkin - and neither would your tea time. Warm and rich flavor, with lingering cozy aromatics.

Reviewer pic27 Aroma: 2/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 1/5

This blend did not work for me; although I love the flavor of pumpkin, and can imagine it really working well in a blend with black tea, I found that the pumpkin flavor in this tea was somewhat artificial-seeming...highly estery, and cloying, and also clashing with the other aromas and flavors. I would say the aroma was even suggestive of bubble-gum, not an aroma I like in any context.

The tea, on the other hand, was rich, dark, and deep, a classic Ceylon of good quality. The other spices actually worked well. Although the base tea comes through, it does not mesh well with the pumpkin aroma.

If I were to re-work this tea, I would use a different extract or pumpkin flavoring, or perhaps use whole, dried pumpkin flesh. Pumpkin, as I imagine it, is a deep, rich ingredient, with a subtle flavor...not a fleeting, estery overtone like the pumpkin flavoring added to this tea. As-is, I would not drink this again.

Reviewer pic70 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5

Mmm, this tea is good. It tastes a bit weak, though, and I don't want it to get too bitter. But I like the blend of spices. It's a little like chai, and I'm a big chai fan, but I like that this tea has much less cinnamon flavor. I can barely taste the pumpkin. I added cream and sugar.

More Flavored Black Tea Blends from Adagio Teas