Wild Berry Hibiscus

Style:Fruit (Herbal) Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:Blend

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 22, 2017

A vibrant and sweet herbal infusion of tart hibiscus blended with a lush mix of elderberry, blueberry and strawberry. It's berry bliss, in a cup.

Page 1 of 1 page with 1 review

Served at De La Coeur Cafe in Wilmington, DE (I love that place by the way, please do check it out if you're ever there).

I normally don't like hibiscus blends (think Celestial Seasonings' Red Zinger) because they are too sour for me, but I enjoyed this one. I brewed it in a big fat mug and only steeped it around 3 minutes, so that may have diluted the sourness a bit.

Even the tea bag was explosively fragrant, surprisingly floral. Hibiscus is an interesting flower; it never really smells floral to me, instead smelling like cooked fruit or jam. The initial aroma of this though was very floral, and also smelled more like tropical fruit. I enjoyed this.

The tea itself struck me as more balanced than normal for this type of blend. This may not be my favorite type of herbal tea but I thought it was an exceptionally well-executed rendition of it, and I would recommend it, especially to people who, like me, don't like the overly sour blends.