Sweet Dreams Herbal Tea

Style:Herbal Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: May. 30, 2014

Relaxing blend of chamomile & mint

Have you ever tried to mix paints and stopped before the colors blended, when you had a swirl of mostly separate colors instead of the full, distinct, evenly distributed hue for which you aimed? This is the herbal-tea equivalent.

Better aroma than taste...this tea can't establish its identity inside the mouth, so it ends up with a rather muted and uninspiring kitchen sink of flavors, each occasionally taking charge hesitantly. It's weakly floral, which makes sense given the hibiscus, rose petals and orange blossoms. It's weakly minty, with a indecisive mix of spearmint and peppermint. Maybe the least-weak flavor is chamomile, which is readily apparent but not particularly assertive either. Ideally the blend creates its own distinctive taste instead of being an uncoordinated mishmash like "Sweet Dreams".

This tea is not bad, but in terms of both potency and appeal of flavor, rather pales in comparison to the beverage with which it appears to compete, based on the listed ingredients (Celestial Seasonings' Sleepytime). If you see both at comparable price, choose the latter.

Mint and chamomile blend surprisingly well together, creating a flavor that's distinct in and of itself rather than a blend in which one flavor dominates or both alternately assert themselves. I think this is one of Bigelow's better offerings, but I wouldn't really bother to buy it for myself.

The mint isn't bad and dominates the smell, but in the drink I can taste too much of the chamomile. Very meh. If you like chamomile this one likely won't be bad, but it just isn't right for my palate.

slightly minty and complex smell, smooth medium strength flavor with touch of mint, chamomile is mild which is good...bolder than most...a solid good tea x2

The aroma is very very minty, not so much with the other herbs, but that happens with mint teas. Really good to inhale the vapors when you are having a stuffy nose!

The taste is a great blend of minty, the earthy/floral taste of chamomile, and the tanginess of hibiscus. There is a softening effect from the rose which helps mellow out the hibiscus.

One of my favorite evening teas, it does not really make me sleepy or even really relaxed, but I find it is a perfect tea for drinking right before sleep or when you are unwell. A very soothing tea.

I'm not a fan of this tea, it doesn't do anything for me.

It has relaxing properties of chamomile, but I do not enjoy the flavor. Mint and chamomile aren't a combination I'd choose for myself, but then again, I don't like the flavor of plain chamomile.

It has an odd aroma to it, not really something that makes me want to drink it, too earthy I guess.

This isn't a sweet tea, and adding sweetener doesn't help the flavor for me.

Beautiful color of liquor. Wonderfully calming smell. Very soothing blend with chamomile. It perks up the spirits for sure.

This brew is simply wonderful with a deep spearmint aroma coming through. The flavors are truly enjoyable with a touch of honey added. Very nice indeed.

This has always been my favorite of Bigelow's herbal teas. I don't find it particularly sleep-inducing; it's soothing but has some bite to it and tends to make me feel perky even though it doesn't contain caffeine.

The aroma is surprisingly nuanced; the peppermint and chamomile are the dominant tones, but the other herbs blend very well. The flavor is mild; no sourness, no sweetness, and just a hint of bitterness; this is primarily an aromatic tea.

This is also very refreshing as an iced tea.