Holiday Tea - Candy Cane Lane®

This tea's info last updated: Mar. 27, 2018

Our spirited holiday blend starts with naturally decaffeinated green tea and adds seasonal flavors like cool peppermint, creamy vanilla and a dash of cinnamon.

Reviewer pic97 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

I really enjoy this tea. Not much difference between it and the regular peppermint tea though. Good even without sweetener.

Reviewer pic93 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 4/5

I agree with the sentiments below that this tea doesn't quite match its absolutely sublime scent, but also, to me very few teas do.

Regardless, this is one of my top 2 or 3 favorite herbals (another one by CS, Tension Tamer, is up there as well). This tea is very smooth, minty and creamy, natively sweet, and as a fan of both vanilla and mint, the combination with green tea is perfectly balanced and very relaxing. I could drink this all day long on a quiet weekend, and have. It takes a good deal of self-restraint not to pour cup after cup until most of a box is gone.

Since it's only available in local retail during the Christmas season, and I'm usually too lazy to order tea online, I buy several boxes and ration throughout the year. Brewed long and strong, it actually makes a marvelous summertime iced tea--especially in a hot climate like Oklahoma's. There are two herbal iced teas in the world I'd drink over all others, on a shady front porch with a warm evening breeze blowing: this, and Bigelow's "Perfect Peach".

There's orange peel in there--not enough to taste straight-up, but enough to add sweetness and a little fruitiness. The chicory also isn't enough to taste, but seems to give the blend some body. My recommendation for the CS blendmaster: do not mess with this at all; it's a winner.

Try this too: after brewing the tea to your liking (and I like it fully powered), squeeze the excess liquid from the bag, press and shake the clumps loose again, stick your nose directly on the damp bag, and simply breathe through it. Aroma-therapy heaven!

Reviewer pic73 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 4/5

This tea smells like a dream, but sadly the taste does not match. I think I am sensitive to the flavor of decaf tea though, and that is why it isn't quite as good to me as its box of candy canes scent. The vanilla adds a nice dimension, as does the cinnamon, without actually really changing the flavor.

Reviewer pic57 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

I can't really taste the tea, but it has a nice vanilla flavor, and I like the combination of vanilla with mint. It's a little too minty for me. I added cream and sugar.

Reviewer pic90 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

I can brew this tea and just smell it to feel warm and fuzzy. The vanilla and cinnamon soften the peppermint and make the tea more sippable and lounge worthy than CS's peppermint that I drink to soothe an upset stomach. Milk and sweetener not needed, but tasty. Drinking while sitting in front of a fire or a window watching snow fall is optional, but recommended.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5

I'm not a big fan of what I call "Commercial TeaBag Tea" thanks to the tea education I received from my Grandmother; however, when a friend brewed up this tea for me the other day, I was pleasantly surprised. It has a nice peppermint/vanilla taste that holds it's own when drunk straight up, but also with milk and a touch of sugar. This tea has turned into my new guilty pleasure! Just don't tell my grandmother!

Reviewer pic80 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

Delicious blend of peppermint and vanilla!

More Miscellaneous Blend from Celestial Seasonings

No image of this tea

Morning Thunder®

Style:Yerba Maté Black Tea
8 Ratings
Picture of Antioxidant Green Tea (Antioxidant Supplement)

Antioxidant Green Tea (Antioxidant Supplement)

Region:Blend