Blackberry Sage

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Blackberry Sage Decaf.

Brand:Republic of Tea
Product page:Blackberry Sage

This tea's info last updated: Mar. 6, 2014

Tea For Wisdom--The soft taste and sweet aroma of fresh blackberries is experienced with the first sip of this fruity tea. Subtle undertones of cool white sage add a balanced finish. Formerly Dragon Spirit Tea.

Reviewer pic63 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

I wish I could give this two reviews. I don't like it hot, but I think that it is pretty great when chilled.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

I like this one. It's got a balanced fruity versus tea-ish flavor, isn't bitter, and satisfies a craving for slight astringency/tartness. When I think about it I do notice the sage there, but it wouldn't have jumped out to me otherwise. It simply contributes to an undertone of herbaceousness.

I'd like it even more if it was more intense, but I tend to like robustly fruity teas. This is good for a moderate but notable fruit-tea blend.

Reviewer pic87 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

I love this tea - second only to Ginger Peach fom the same company - and it comes loose or in bags. Fruity, herbaceous and black/caffeinated - although the decaf version is nice also. Great iced or hot.

Reviewer pic43 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 2/5

The tea is extremely mild flavored. A basic black tea with a little flavor added in. Good for a quick pinch but nothing worth investing in. Similar - to me - to heating up a tea bag from the grocery store.
1 Comment

Reviewer pic70 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

A nice change from a non-flavored black tea especially in the afternoon or evening (there is a decaf version).

Reviewer pic40 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 3/5

A very soft and mild tea; slightly sweet, very little bitterness. Aroma is mostly of blackberry, with only a hint of sage or tea. I was expecting more bite (sage tea on its own is so strongly aromatic!) and was disappointed. Overall this tea was much too weak for me.

More Flavored Black Tea Blends from Republic of Tea