Chai Spice Black Tea

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Decaf Chai Spice Tea.

Brand:Stash Tea
Style:Chai / Spiced Tea
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: Mar. 6, 2014

Spicy, aromatic blend of black teas, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, clove and cardamom.

This black chai tea is the standard by which I compare others.

I prepare it with about 8oz. water, 2 tsp. sugar, and 2 tbsp. milk. It is very smooth and the proportion of tea and spices is excellent.

Another plus is its low price and wide availability.

too much cinnamon, and not enough of the other stuff in the masala.

The spicy smell of chai is pretty much always pleasing to me, so I appreciated that this tea delivered. The only downside was that the flavor of the tea was a little sour, but this dissipated as the tea sat. Overall, I thought the tea was good, but nothing terribly outstanding. I'd have it at a coffee shop if it was offered, but at home I'd prefer a different brand.

I am an avid chai tea drinker and had never tried Stash brand. I was very dissapointed. The smell as soon as I opened the bag was too overwhelming.

Well this is not a chai or spiced tea thats corresponds to Masala chai.

The tea has no base. For a perfect chai or spiced Tea or Masala chai base should be always Assam Second flush CTC leaves with less contents of spices like ginger, clove, black pepper, cinnamon, green cardomom and tinges of safron

I find that this brand of chai teabags doesn't do much for me. It seems to have a "cardboard box" after taste that I just can't get around. Smells good and tastes pretty good initially but just don't like the after taste.........

An excellent chai. The flavor isn't so strong that it overwhelms you, but it still has that lovely spice taste. As with most chai, the smell is amazing, and this one delivers with an equally good flavor. I would particularly recommend this for anyone who is trying chai tea for the first time.

one of the best chais i have ever tasted! in fact it has ruined me for most other brands. smooth, yet still enjoyably spicy. and it smells amazing.

I don't usually drink tea bag tea any more, but this one is always tempting to buy. This chai is more spicy then other ones I have tried. It is a lot less vanilla tasting then most chai teas. I like it's spice and its a great treat in the fall.

I like this teabag chai...and it's quite different. Happily, it's not too heavy on the cinnamon...the ginger, clove, and allspice are noticeable! The aftertaste is very clean and cool...more similar to Earl Grey than other chais. The black tea is nondescript and moderately strong...overpowered by the aroma of the spice. I would prefer more cardamon and still less cinnamon.

I recommend brewing more than one cup off this one...I liked using one-and-a-half-cup of water with a 2 minute infusion...and you can make a second.