Lady Grey

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Lady Grey Decaffeinated.

Brand:Twinings
Style:Fruit Black Tea
Region:Blend

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 16, 2015

Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings. This delicious black tea has a light and gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. Lady Grey is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 20 reviews

I enjoyed the combination of bergamot and citrus flavors. Drank it black.

The tea is a slighter version of Earl Grey. You get less citrus this time around (I think it's the lemon). It's still a good cup to have when you want something delicate and gentle. I use a little bit of milk and sugar. Of course, you can use it to your liking.

I HATE Earl Grey - and Twinings is no exception - but Lady Grey I can somehow tolerate. Maybe it's the lemon mixed with the bergamot? Anyhow this one smells way better than it tastes and you do NOT want to add milk to it. I had it both with and without Splenda to see what it would be like. Meh.
1 Comment

This tea has a soft flavor. It has a good citrus aroma and leaves a creamy aftertaste that I like. I may be biased in my verdict since I love Earl Grey teas.

It is good without any sugar, milk, honey... or anything. It is soft enough on its own.

I don't know where to by this one specifically since I've received it in a demo package. But I presume it is around 4$ for 20 bags, as I've seen other Twining products of such price in store. I may revise the value the next time I go shopping and check it out.

A slightly sweeter version of Earl Grey with a bit more orange flavoring. It's my wife's favorite.

This is one of the more memorable teas I've tried. Strong (but not overwhelming) flavour, very pleasant aroma. I found a tiny touch of milk was nice with it.

Lady Grey is my favorite breakfast tea! It has a soft, floral and citrus fragrance and tastes lighter and smoother than Earl Grey. Add cream and sugar and this tea becomes a delicate and refreshing alternative to coffee or English Breakfast tea.
1 Comment

Meh. Again, I was underwhelmed by this tea from Twinings. Like their Earl Grey tea, I certainly appreciated the use of citrus to balance out the black tea. However, I found the overall effect unimpressive. I really need to try a high quality Earl Grey or Lady Grey tea to give these styles a fair shot. I'm glad I have a baseline idea of what to expect now, though.

Slightly citrus taste that has a decent fruity smell... bland without additives though x2

I have no complaints about the aroma, it smells like a mix of oranges and lemons, which is pleasant, especially first thing in the morning when you need an extra zing.

Sadly the flavor left a lot to be desired, it tasted too artificial. Like drinking a particularly weak tea that accidentally had some perfume dumped into it. This is the first tea I have had in a long time that I did not like at all.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 20 reviews