Yorkshire Tea Traditional

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Yorkshire Tea Decaf.

Brand:Yorkshire Tea
Product page:Yorkshire Tea Traditional

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

A proper brew – pure and simple. We pay fair prices for really good tea from farms in Africa and India, to make a lovely blend that’s big on flavour, seriously refreshing and kind to the people who grow it.

Reviewer pic80 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

Good stuff, mate! You Brits got some good OLLLLLLLLE tea!! This tea is good for sweet tea, or with just a little milk. This is better than their Yorkshire Gold, strangely. Bedtime Brew is a good version, as well.

Reviewer pic93 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

I prefer this brand to PG Tips (though I will still drink the latter without a doubt). Strong, filling and tasty with milk and sugar.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5

Nice aroma & flavourin this Orange Pekoe by Taylors of Harrogate. Good choice Sergeant Brody & Jessica.

Reviewer pic63 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

This is my go to every-day tea. Its strong and not-overly-bitter and I enjoy it with lots of milk and sugar.

I prefer it to PG Tips as well and enjoy it much more than the other every-day-teas such as Tetley that I have encountered.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 5/5

Bold flavor but not harsh. I like tea without sugar or milk.

Reviewer pic80 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 4/5

This was my go to afternoon tea until I tasted the Yorkshire Gold. Lovely, intriguing aromas and rich body. Great with a splash of milk. N.B.: This tea MUST be kept in an airtight container as it fades away very quickly when left in the box.

Reviewer pic63 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

A lot of people seem to compare this to PG Tips, so I will continue the tradition. I will say, the two teas definitely are in the same style: a strong English-style breakfast tea. But, hands down, this tea absolutely toasts PG Tips, in spite of the fact that it came in a normal, flat tea bag, and the PG Tips I've had has all been in the superior pyramid bags.

Deep, with a strong malty richness. Pleasingly bitter. A strong tea, and yet, without the harshness that comes in the aftertaste of most teas of this strength. I found this tea to be significantly less harsh than PG Tips.

This would not be my choice of an everyday tea, but in its style, for something available in bulk teabags, it's the best I've tried yet.

More Black Tea Blends from Yorkshire Tea

No image of this tea

Yorkshire Gold

6 Ratings

Yorkshire Gold Leaf Tea (Loose)

Style:English Breakfast