Oriental Treasure Green Tea

Brand:Bentley's Tea
Style:Green Tea
Region:China

This tea's info last updated: Jul. 31, 2017

Boost your bill of health each time you sip some of our satisfyingly robust premium estate Chinese green tea!

An unopened and sealed box of 20 bags was available at an estate sale, so I grabbed it with no particular expectations. It delivered no particular impression, so I guess you can say expectations were met! :-)

The tea tasted like a fairly standard-order green tea, neither bad nor excellent in any given way. It is an ordinary, plain, unpretentious green tea that could use a slightly stronger kick. One could do a lot worse or better. I wouldn't get this at a store at full price, but I'll finish the box and/or offer it to houseguests.

One thing I found peculiar was that about 80% of the string was wound around inside the bag, such that I would have to risk tearing the bag open to pull the string out. I just cut off the label and steeped it string-in.

I have to admit to being a little biased against this tea based on the name alone. What is this, the East India Trading Company? Are we still living in the Age of Imperialism? Come, now.

That aside...

Nothing in this green tea tastes objectionable, but nor does it hold any complexity or nuance. The flavor is light and full, sometimes a little grassy, and lacks any bitterness. I found it pleasant, but not worth raving about, and as with other bagged teas offered by this brand the issue with flimsy teabags containing little leaf was present. I feel like with little effort I could have purchased more tea of higher quality and better value at my local Asian grocery.

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon