Pomegranate Pizzazz® Herbal Tea

Brand:Bigelow Tea
Product page:Pomegranate Pizzazz® Herbal Tea

This tea's info last updated: May. 30, 2014

At last, the power of pomegranate in a tea bag... impossible, but true!
Leave it to Bigelow to blend 100% natural herbal tea with real fruit juice for a whole new concept in fresh brewed tea! Specially created for today's healthy lifestyles, this delicious tea is scrumptious either hot or iced and is great for the whole family... perfect for the kids.

Reviewer pic58 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

In many ways, the behavior of this concoction from bag to cup to esophagus reminded me uncannily of the berry-flavored members of Celestial Seasonings' "Zinger" line:
* Fruity, hibiscus-heavy dry-bag and in-cup aromas,
* Initial cherry-red color turning a deep, opaque purple-gray with time,
* Strongly fruity, somewhat tart flavor that may work as well (if not better) as caffeine-free iced tea than as a hot beverage, and
* Rather long-lasting, sticky but pleasant aftertaste.
Since CS doesn't have a "Pomegranate Zinger" tea (yet), this should suffice for folks seeking such a flavor combination. All in all, it was mild and pleasant, and could use a bit more of a kick and a richer body that might be achievable simply by filling the bag fuller (there's plenty of room).

My only meaningfully unpleasant aspect was detecting an odd, somewhat dank overtone on the in-cup aroma and flavor that reminded me a lot of wet cardboard, musty papier-mâché or chemically processed paper. I don't know what would cause that peculiar effect, which was not overpowering, but still was noticeable. That experience dragged down what otherwise would have been a upper-quartile rating.

Reviewer pic70 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

When I opened the foil pack, it smelled incredible. The hibiscus flavor kind of overpowers the rest of it. Its not bad, but I don't really think pomegranate when I drink it. It kind of reminds me of a weaker, gentler ,and sweeter version of hibiscus tea.

I got it from a Bigelow sampler pack, and would be willing to try it again. But I wouldn't go out of my way to find it. If I happened across it at the store while doing my regular shopping I'd pick up a box and experiment, but otherwise I wouldn't bother tracking it down.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 3/5

nice strong pomegranate smell! flavor is a tad disappointing but good...not a very smooth finish on the end...a bit harsh and slightly bitter...might actually be better cold than hot...I think the flavor presents itself a little better that way x3

Reviewer pic80 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

This was a tea my mom loved. It smells great when brewing, makes my mouth water.

It is quite sweet, all by its lonesome. It has a lively fruit flavor (hence the "pizzazz").

There isn't any complexity to this tea, really. It has a simple flavor, but yet bold. I like it.

More Fruit (Herbal) Tea from Bigelow Tea