White Tea - Ceylon Silver Tips

Brand:Dilmah
Style:White Tea
Region:Sri Lanka / Ceylon

This tea's info last updated: Jan. 29, 2014

Silver Tips, commonly known as White Tea, is a very rare Ceylon tea, extremely limited in production – just a few hundred kilos per year. Silver Tips is entirely handmade. Silver Tips is velvety to the touch and produces a pale liquor tinged with yellow – very delicate and subtle in flavour. A rare, sophisticated indulgence.

Page 1 of 1 page with 1 review

Wow, the aroma of this white tea is amazing. Like a combination of herbs and fruit...or fruity herbs :)
The pyramid sachets contain whole long buds, and the aroma before steeping is almost as good as the fully brewed cup.

The flavor is the best of any white tea I've tried...though I haven't tried that many due to my general dislike of white tea.
But I make an exception for this one. So delicious and lightly fruity. "Delicate" and subtle, this is the champagne of white teas for me personally.

Very expensive, and I'd rather have the option of buying this in bulk loose leaf rather than sachets, but I really love it as a special treat to myself.

I steep this one at 170 for 2 minutes. Unfortunately a second steep isn't as good as the first, which makes it even more cost prohibitive for me.