Spiced Citrus Nana Mint

Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:Blend
Loose/teabag:Sachet

This tea's info last updated: Jul. 5, 2017

An uplifting blend of peppermint and NANA mint layered with spices and natural lemon. Our beloved minty blend of whole peppermint and nana mint infused with sweet and zesty spices and just a dash of fresh lemon. An uplifting and enticing blend to bring brightness to any day.

Page 1 of 1 page with 1 review

The dry tea is pungent, smelling of both spearmint and peppermint with a hint of cinnamon. Adding water intensifies the aroma without really changing the balance. With the first taste, I realized that this tea is all about the mint. It's definitely high quality; while cheaper mint often tastes of stems and hay, there's none of that here.

The ingredients list stevia, but I didn't realize just how sweet this tea would taste. Folks that normally drink sugar in mint or herbal teas might find this to be a benefit, but it's a huge turn-off for me.

As the tea cools, the cinnamon becomes a little more pronounced and the citrus flavors begin to appear. The finish is now dominated by the sweetness of the stevia, which tastes to me about the equivalent of a teaspoon of sugar. I normally don't sweeten my beverages at all, so it's quite distracting. It's like drinking a cup of Wrigley's Doublemint gum.

I finished the cup, but I'll be giving away the rest of the box.