Pu Erh Hazelberry

Brand:Adagio Teas
Style:Flavored Pu-erh
Region:Yunnan, China

This tea's info last updated: Dec. 4, 2013

The earthy smoothness of Pu Erh creates a warm foundation for the rich flavor of hazelnut while playful, tangy-sweet strawberries peek through the nutty opulence. A hint of cream adds a soft, dreamy note to the blend.

Ooooh, now this I like! This is my favorite flavored pu-erh by a lot. The tea is present, but not fishy. The fruity and nutty flavours blend perfectly with the chocolate bits, creating a complex and pleasing aroma and flavor. There is no bitterness, even after 5 minutes at boiling. Wonderful tea!

I also tried this tea with some milk added, and that turned out very nice. I'll have to look into the best way to make this into a proper latte. For being an amazing variation on a difficult tea to blend properly, this tea has earned my first score of 100.

The dry tea has a strong smell that made me worry that it would taste artificial, but it doesn't. (And apparently the ingredients are in fact all-natural.) It's sweet, flavorful, and savory; like drinking a pie. Not too sweet, though, and it does have some detectable bitterness. As you'd expect, it has strong strawberry and nutty flavors. Also a little woody. Maybe a hint of marshmallow. No astringency. Very smooth and enjoyable.

Of the roughly dozen varieties of tea I've tried so far, this tea was the most unusual and not-tea-like. It's very good if you want something sweet and different.

The first thing I noticed about this tea's aroma is the strawberry, which immediately reminded me of Crunch Berries! I also pick up notes of cream, hazelnut, earthiness, and minerals. It is a complex tea.

The taste is also complex, first there is a blend of earthy, metallic, and mineral flavors that really pop in my mouth, next is a blend of strawberries, cream, and hazelnut with the strawberries lingering as an aftertaste.

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon