Lemon Lift Black Tea

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Lemon Lift® Decaffeinated Black Tea.

Brand:Bigelow Tea
Style:Lemon Black Tea
Product page:Lemon Lift Black Tea

This tea's info last updated: May. 30, 2014

A distinctive blend with just the right amount of lemon and a dash of spice

Reviewer pic65 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

This tea is good! I was a little over-hyped for it... It's one of the best lemon flavor tea's I've had, but I have never had a great one, personally. As with most fruit flavored tea's I've tried: MORE TEA FLAVOR, LESS FRUIT FLAVOR (please).

Reviewer pic62 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

About 15 years ago, out by L.A., I saw a dude outside a smoothie shop dressed in yellow hat, yellow shoes and yellow tights, wearing a lemon costume. Had he asked me for a lift, I could have handed him a bag of this tea and satisfied the request.

Otherwise, the tea is not too useful. It reminded me a lot of flavored food-service teas: bland, nondescript base flavor that is not particularly strong, even after an 8-minute steeping and strong bag squeeze, though the lemon (a flavor I don't normally like much) was pleasantly sweet and not sour. That's a positive. The "spice" was much more noticeable in the dry-bag scent than in taste or wet-bag aroma. Not bad...but not particularly charming either. This is a tea I wouldn't purchase, but would grab off a hotel or conference cart if none of my favorite two or three teas found in such settings were available.

Reviewer pic67 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

very good lemon zest smell, taste falls a bit flat though...the lemon-y-ness definitely becomes more mild and I wish it didn't quite so much...however, this seems like a good tea for when you're sick!

Reviewer pic53 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

Not a fan of Bieglow Teas - but my old company had them and Lemon Lift was better (to me) than the dreaded "Constant Comment" - an orange/spice. Just OK. Not a fan. I actually like the I love Lemon herbal tea (which is a tisane and contains no tea at all) a bit better when I have a cold. This is a step about Lipton Black, and it's free. (My new office in 2014 offers this, Lemon Lift Decaf and the Classic Green)

Still can't stand "Constant Comment" though.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 4/5

This is one of my all time favorite teas.

Reviewer pic60 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

I'm not much for "flavored" teas, but of those few I like, this is probably my most favorite.

Pleasant, bright flavor, but could stand a stronger black tea as a base.

Reviewer pic50 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 3/5

One thing I love about this tea is that it's lemony without being sour, which is something you cannot achieve by squeezing a lemon into your black tea.

I don't really notice the spice that much, but that's ok with me. The black tea is weak and nondescript. I would appreciate a richer and more complex aroma to the black tea.

More Flavored Black Tea from Bigelow Tea