Black Cherry Berry Herb Tea

Style:Fruit (Herbal) Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: Apr. 20, 2012

This tea’s luscious flavor is reminiscent of the red fruit punch we drank as children – of course, our version is 100% natural. A burst of American cherries is made even livelier by the sweetness of Oriental blackberry leaves. Delicious hot or iced, this blend takes you back to orchards of ripe, juicy cherries waiting to be made into succulent pies.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 14 reviews

I'm a big fan of fruit punch flavors and decided to try this tea based on the other reviews. I wasn't disappointed. While slightly heavy on the cherries (which is to be expected, after all), it really does have a fruit punch flavor.

Aside from the tartness of the hibiscus, the flavor really doesn't reflect the named ingredients. I'm pretty sure that most of the taste comes from the "natural black cherry flavor with other natural flavors." It really is good, though, and I've decided that's worth giving up a little authenticity.

A good tea. Not as nice as more expensive teas but definitely a good value for what you pay.

This is my absolute favorite herbal iced tea. It doesn't have a very strong smell, but it's got a great, crisp, fruity taste that really does remind me of cherries - real ones, not artificial cherry flavoring. Given that cherries don't have much of a smell compared to other fruits that's probably to be expected. Fairly tart and fairly sweet, and good without added sugar, which is always a plus. Also very affordable for a tea I don't have to order online.

"How would you like a nice Hawaiian punch?"
or
"How did you like the taste of Shasta Black Cherry Soda as a kid?"

This is the closest thing I've tasted to that in an herbal tea. If you have children and want to introduce them to caffeine-free herbal teas harmlessly, or get them off high-calorie sugared fruit drinks, this is a good concoction with which to start. It also makes one of the better iced teas you'll ever have, if you like the base flavor.

Black Cherry Berry is an atypical herbal product in my experience, in that the taste is much stronger and richer than the aroma. Steep it a good long time to draw out the most flavor and to get the deepest maroon color to the solution.

Not as bad as I was worried this one would be. It's not a favorite, just because I tend to peter other fruit flavors, but it's certainly drinkable--a mixture of tart and sweet. I think cherry like this works best mixed with other flavors.

They're not kidding when they say this tea's flavor is "reminiscent of the red fruit punch we drank as children"; this is a VERY sweet tea. The color of the brew, too, is a dark red magenta that drives home the sense that you're drinking hot fruit juice. This is once again the sort of tea that I might suggest to someone who hates tea--but unlike other offerings from this same brand, the sweetness in this one is more than I can handle.

Great flavor. I prefer the Raspberry Zinger over this, but it's still a nice option. The aroma is its strong suit and the dark, burgundy color absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't really taste like black cherries though. I also can't seem to figure out if the aftertaste is good or not.
1 Comment

great smell...taste is obviously of cherries... wish it was a little bit stronger of cherries though...more potent in the first sips... Quite good! x2

Celestial Seasonings makes a lot of caffeine-free fruit teas, which I very much appreciate for later in the day. This one is probably my least favorite, but it's certainly not horrible by any stretch of the word.

The aroma is distinctly sweet and berry-laden, and the color is a rich magenta-red. The flavor is good too, very sweet, but it does remind me a bit of cough syrup. Its resemblance to the flavor of Triaminic is probably why I prefer their other fruit teas to this one.

I LOVE this tea!!! I've suggested it to several people and the ones who have tried it - love it too!

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 14 reviews