White Whisper Tea

Style:Silver Needle
Region:Kenya

This tea's info last updated: Nov. 11, 2011

White Orthodox Tea

I wasn't sure what to expect as this was the first white tea that I've sampled, but I was definitely satisfied!

The first time that it was brewed it had a mild taste and a strong scent. After being brewed a second time, with the same leaves, the tea had a stronger taste but was less aromatic. I enjoyed this because it didn't leave a heavy taste in my mouth like darker teas that I've tried.

It has a subtle unique taste. Tastes a little like pulperie.

This was the first white tea I have sampled not only from Kenya, but from any African country. I was eager to try it, and I was not disappointed.

The dry leaf of this tea looks a lot like silver needle white teas, consisting exclusively out of buds / tips. However, the brewed cup was darker in color, and the flavor was considerably richer. This may be because it was brewed strongly, however...I've seen pictures of this same tea, brewed, on other websites and it looked a lot lighter in color.

Aroma is very floral and orchid-like. Intensely aromatic. Very pleasing. From the taste, I'd guess it was highly caffeinated.

I tried this as a sample. Although I thought it was very good, it was quite expensive and I'm not sure I'd be interested in buying it on its own.