Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Style:Herbal Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: Dec. 3, 2013

Our Stash Lemon Ginger is an interesting blend of ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, safflower, hibiscus and citric acid. This lively tisane offers wide-awake flavor without any caffeine. It combines the puckery taste of lemon with the sharp, lingering bite of ginger, making it a great sipping drink.

The dry teabag smells strongly of ginger with a lemony background. Adding water really brings out the lemongrass. My first thought is that it smells like a kind of Thai soup.

Ginger tends to overpower other flavors, but in this case there's a nice balance between the ginger and lemongrass. I can taste the lemon and citric acid, but the hibiscus and safflower are far enough into the background that I can't pick them out.

The aroma at this point is almost peppery and the ginger is spicy on the tongue. Oddly, the lemon lingers after the ginger begins to fade, so there's a fruity finish to balance the spice. This herbal tea is pleasant to drink.

I actually really like this tea. The ginger gives it just the right kick when you're craving something with a tart spiciness. This herbal tea is pretty solid, in my opinion.

Yick. Sorry but this has a medicinal ginger bite that I do not enjoy. Not my "bag" baby! Too strong for me.

I do not particularly like this tea.

I want to like this tea more. Very strong ginger kick, which I enjoy, but a lemongrassy/medicinal foretaste, which I don't. I want something soothing yet spicy after dinner; this makes me feel like I'm being wormed.

Very strong aroma, mostly of ginger, and a lot of lemongrass. A hint of tanginess but overall pretty smooth and not too sour. I really like this one.

This tea can be used for a second infusion or even a third, but all but the first cup have only a weak lemon quality and are mostly like ginger tea. If you want a milder tea, you can easily brew a pot of several cups from a single bag, let it steep a long time, and it will be quite flavorful.