Organic Green Tea - Organic

Style:Green Tea
Region:Nilgiri, India
Product page:Organic Green Tea

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 28, 2018

...from Korakundah, in Southern India, where the tea is grown at an elevation of about 8,000 feet. It’s steamed, not pan fried like many green teas. In the cup, our Organic Green Tea takes on a golden color, and delivers rich, grassy flavors and a slightly astringent finish...

Reviewer pic37 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 1/5

This is a Mediocre, easy to find (at every TJ's) green tea with a slight "green grassy" taste. Not horrible, but not delicious. There are way better teas (some cheaper, some more expensive) that simply taste fresher and better.

Seemed a little stale tasting - even though I just bought it. Well, at least I did not spend much!

Reviewer pic30 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 1/5

I thought this was pretty terrible. Steeped for 3 minutes with 180F degree water.

Cup is almost aroma-less...reminds me a little bit of Bigelow's Green Tea, but I thought less enjoyable. Tastes a lot like some decaf tea...flat. There's some herbaceous quality in the aroma, like celery, a faint honey-like finish, but I'm mainly getting cardboard and paper smells.

Flavor is somewhat bold, but not in a pleasant way. Moderately astringent.

I poured this out without drinking much. It's among the worst green teas I've tried in a tea bag. I think Trader Joe's would do well to work on their tea selection. It seems to lag far behind the quality of the other products in their stores.

More Teas from from Trader Joe's