Pure Peppermint

Style:Peppermint Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 16, 2015

Peppermint is renowned for its refreshing properties. The plant is native to the Mediterranean and Asia, but today, peppermint is grown in temperate regions around the world. Twinings Pure Peppermint Herbal Tea is made from 100% select peppermint leaves and is naturally caffeine free. Enjoy either hot or iced for an uplifting and refreshing herbal tea experience.

This isn't the strongest or brightest peppermint tea, but it is real smooth and it hits the spot. No bitterness is detectable. I like peppermint far more than spearmint, so I was happy to see this in my sister's cupboard when visiting her. I'm currently in the middle of gestational diabetes, so I'm just excited to be able to give water a variety of flavors while adding no carbs (as I don't add sweetener).

I found this to be quite a mild peppermint tea. It was good, but I think I prefer Celestial Seasoning's peppermint tea, as it's stronger.

Less of the strong peppermint aroma than most peppermint teas...very dark in color, unusually so...more of the general leafy/herbaceous aroma. Not at all sour and very little bitterness or sweetness...this is primarily an aromatic tea.

Noticeably more complexity than Lipton's peppermint. Among bagged peppermint teas I prefer this to all that I've sampled, other than Two Leaves and a Bud's peppermint...but this one is much more reasonably priced.

I still think it's a bit silly to buy peppermint tea if you live in the midwest or northeast though, where it's easy to grow an almost infinite supply of this herb...and nothing I have bought has ever approached the quality of what I grow myself.

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon