Organic Green Tea - Organic

Thumbnail of a pic of this tea
Thumbnail of a pic of this tea

Page 1 of 1 page with 1 review

Reviewer pic62 Aroma: 4/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 5/5

This is an above-average, but not outstanding, bagged green tea available at a price that's hard to top for a non-store brand (about $8 for a 100-count box online, or at stores such as Wal-Mart). Fortunately, I procured a fairly new, sealed 100-ct box at an estate sale for a buck, so *my* value was unrepresentatively exceptional! :-)

The dry-bag aroma was stronger than most green teas I've tried, but that just means it's detectable as green tea, with a hint of toasted rice that also comes out in the flavor. Otherwise, it's a fairly pleasant, sweet, smooth, straightforward green tea on its own, with no outstanding attributes, but nothing unpleasant either. It also makes a nice ballast for peppermint tea; since I like peppermint green teas, a bag of this and one of decent peppermint play well together.

The wet-bag scent loses the ricey touch and comes across as if a muted version of freshly mowed lawn grass. I'm glad it doesn't taste like that! If I wanted to drink my yard, I'd just scrape off the underside of my mower and steep that up. The bag is small—about 2/5–1/2 (at most) the volume of, say, a similarly rectangular shaped Celestial Seasonings or Murchie's pouch. As such, I wouldn't expect a worthwhile resteeping yield. One shot and you're done here, y'all. But for this great price, using two bags on a big cup still isn't half bad...or 2/5 bad either.