Ceylon (Ceylon Orange Pekoe)

Brand:Ahmad Tea
Style:Ceylon Black Tea
Region:Sri Lanka / Ceylon

Thumbnail of a pic of this tea
Thumbnail of a pic of this tea
This tea's info last updated: Sep. 17, 2015

Only the finest high-grown teas from the hillsides of Sri Lanka, producing a drink of golden colour and special character. May be served with milk or a slice of lemon.

I have no problem with Ahmad teas and the Ceylon is about as basic a full-bodied black tea as you can get. Better hot but OK iced as you can add juices, fruits or flavorings as you wish. Inexpensive.

Smooth, easy to drink and as Alex says - a "classic" cuppa tea.

I've got a soft spot for this offering from Ahmad after stumbling across it when I was living in northern Norway and was hankering after a good brew. This is a very good example of Ceylonese tea, typical bright colour, moderate maltiness and very refreshing. To me it's a lovely summer tea and well worth having in the pantry.

This tea is perfect. Nice blend and strong taste. Smooth and fine like Ceylon tea should be.
1 Comment

Amazed at the quality of tea for a great price. Nice blend that brews up consistently with a pleasant aroma and flavor, showing off the characteristics most sought in Ceylon/Sri Lankan teas. Bold, smooth and slightly astringent. Brisk, bright and two good steeps from the leaves. Classic!

This tea has a sweet aroma. It reminded me of olives at one point. I really like the flavor. It's full, rich, and interesting. I added cream and sugar.

My favorite pure black tea from Ahmad Tea, and my favorite tea from any company in this price range.

If I had to pick a single example of a classic black tea, I would pick this one.

Like most of Ahmad's teas, I find this one offers exceptional value: solid quality at a very low price. It is versatile and easy to brew.

Brews a rich, full-bodied cup. Smooth enough that it is hard to oversteep. I've left this tea brewing by accident for about 15 minutes and it was perfectly drinkable--just richer in flavor. Ahmad recommends a 5-7 minute steeping time, and I agree--this tea tastes better brewed stronger. Some of the complexity is lost with a 3-minute or briefer steeping.

Aroma is very complex, especially with longer steeping times. Some malty tones, hints of fruit, and a bready and slightly vegetal quality suggestive of some Yunnan teas. A faint hint of wintergreen is evident if you brew it very strongly. The finish leaves tones of bitter chocolate and cinnamon.

Flavor is surprisingly smooth. There's a little up-front bitterness, and a light bitterness in the aftertaste. Very full-bodied...slightly astringent but not too much so.

I find this tea is more pleasing to drink if you allow it to cool a little after steeping it, but drink it while it is still hot.

I enjoy this tea. Let it steep as long as you like. The flavor is good at any point in time! I like it much more than the OPA

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon