Cinnamon Apple Herbal Tea

Style:Herbal Tea
Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: Mar. 17, 2015

Scrumptious apples combined with a sweet cinnamon finish.

Not even realizing I had a bag of this, I discovered it while digging in my pantry's tea shelves for something else. Guess my wife won't miss just one bag, eh...especially if there was only one in there. ;-)

Overall, I liked this tea a lot. The real apple pieces are quite visible inside the bag, and impart the great majority of this blend's flavor. The cinnamon is there and could stand to be a touch more assertive, but still isn't drowned by apple flavor. I can smell the rose petals and licorice root but not taste them, and can detect the lemon peel and hibiscus neither with nose nor tongue. The aroma is stronger and surprisingly different than the flavor--beyond the dominant apple theme on both fronts.

Regardless, it's a more dynamic flavor than than just glorified apple cider in a tea bag, and tasted delicious and plenty potent after a lot of steeping, as a steamy cup o' tea on a cold winter night.

Nahh, she won't notice it's gone, will she?

My doc always keeps this tea stocked, and I always drink a cup or two when I'm in the waiting room (unfortunately frequently.) It's very sweet tasting and doesn't really require sugar, but it doesn't have much spice or really any other flavor at all. It's closer to a watered down juice blend than tea. Good enough to drink but I wouldn't buy it. I definitely prefer it to their peach herbal.

Unlike a lot of teas that purport to contain apple, this one actually tastes like it might. The cinnamon isn't overpowering or even especially assertive, which means that the tea is quite sweet and not particularly spicy. Probably a good tea to serve people who don't like tea.

Aroma mostly of apple, with some cinnamon. Unlike the other Bigelow herbal teas, this tea is only good for a single infusion, after which it loses nearly all its flavor. If you like apples you may like this one but it doesn't really do much for me...it seems a bit thin.