Red Zinger® Herbal Tea

Brand:Celestial Seasonings
Style:Herbal Tea
Product page:Red Zinger® Herbal Tea

This tea's info last updated: Apr. 20, 2012

There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! We introduced Red Zinger in 1972, and nothing around here has been the same since. The zing comes from a blend of tart and tangy Chinese hibiscus and fruity Thai hibiscus, balanced by cool, refreshing peppermint and the unique, earthy sweetness of wild cherry bark. Try this perennial favorite on ice!

Reviewer pic47 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 2/5 Value: 3/5

Not a big fan but it is better over ice than hot (in my opinion) naturally decaf and full of fruity and hibiscus notes. Super easy to find. Sweet and sour. (Sweet aroma, sour taste). Not a fave.

Reviewer pic30 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 1/5 Value: 2/5

This is not one of my favorite teas. It brewed a dark purple and had a sickly sweet candy smell. I found its flavor was much too sour and reminded me of hard sugar candy. I didn't finish my cup because I found it too overpowering.

Reviewer pic77 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

I consider this tea a perfect beverage when lightly sweetened and iced. The sweetening (preferably with honey) will cancel out the sourness that Alex speaks of. A bottomless glass is served iced and sweetened (with a Vegan honey substitute) at the restaurant Follow Your Heart in the San Fernando Valley, California. The drink is a classic there.

Reviewer pic37 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 1/5 Value: 2/5

This tea is much too sour for me; although I enjoy the aroma, I find it gets unpleasantly sour by the end of the cup. This tea becomes much more drinkable, in my opinion, if you use it as a 1-to-2 ingredient with other less sour teas to make a pitcher of iced tea.

More Herbal Tea from Celestial Seasonings