Misty Mint

Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:Blend
Product page:Misty Mint

Reviewer pic45 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 2/5

This blend is really quite bland, especially so for mint. The menthol coolness is there, but it really tastes more herbal than minty. I also taste the "pepper" flavor that the previous reviewer noted, so it wasn't just a fluke or something.

I wouldn't think that there are enough ingredients in this blend to mess up, but it's really not very good. Maybe there's too much lemongrass, but if that's the case, then the lemongrass isn't particularly flavorful, either. If you're picking from a food service tray, go for the Enchanting Moments instead.

Reviewer pic63 Aroma: 7/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 4/5

The ingredients list only states peppermint, lemongrass and spearmint. So why do I smell and taste a dab of black pepper in this? Personally, I'm not complaining; spicy teas appeal to me. Yet I wonder if this sensation stems from a systematic characteristic of how one of the listed ingredients is grown or processed, or if some food-service black pepper is processed at the same plant and happened to waft into the air the day this tea batch was prepared, and some particles got in, if it is a minor unstated ingredient, or if I am just imagining things.

Regardless, black pepper is a consistent background aroma I get from the dry bag (much more so than wet bag or in-cup scent). Then each sip starts off with a background puff of black-peppery sensation as well, even in the mouth and throat going down, though that goes away fairly quickly and rounds off into fairly standard, smooth, likable, "moroccan mint" type of flavor with something of a woody aftertaste. Since I like (not love) this blend, I'll rate it a little better than average, but the unadvertised pinch o'pepper might put off some folks.