Passion Filterbag

Style:Herbal Tea
Loose/teabag:Sachet
Product page:Passion Filterbag

This tea's info last updated: Jan. 8, 2018

An exuberant herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hips & passion fruit flavors.

Page 1 2 of 2 pages with 13 reviews

Reviewer pic37 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 1/5 Value: 3/5

This tea smells great and look really great in the cup, but drinking it is a form of torture to me.

It has a very distinct fruity flavor that I find too strong, even when steeped for very short periods of time.

I would try this one with caution, and start by steeping it for a very short time to avoid it becoming reminiscent of over-concentrated tang.

Reviewer pic90 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 3/5

I really enjoyed this tea. Normally I add honey to herbal tea, but in this case, that is completely unnecessary. The strong fruit flavors make my mouth happy all on their own.

I didn't find the tea sour at all. Instead, I would say that it balances sweet and sour flavors very nicely.

Reviewer pic30 Aroma: 6/10 Flavor: 1/5 Value: 1/5

While I love the aroma of this tea, it is so sour as to be completely undrinkable. I have found a way to remedy this by running cold water over the teabag for about 15 seconds before brewing it. This leaves most of the aroma intact but removes most of the sourness. The resulting tea is very enjoyable.

I'm rating the tea as-is. Rating the tea after this alteration, I would give it a 5/4/4/4 = 57/100.

I notice they add citric acid to this tea, as well as making hibiscus (which leads to sour) the first ingredient. I think it would be enough to just add the hibiscus, and possibly move it down the ingredient list. This is a seriously unbalanced tea. I find teas this sour leave an unpleasant taste in my mouth and unsettle my stomach. Drinking it after altering it to remove most of the acidity, however, I find this tea is pleasing and leaves me with a nice feeling.
2 Comments