Darjeeling (teabag)

Brand:Ahmad Tea
Style:Darjeeling Black Tea
Region:Darjeeling, India

This tea's info last updated: Aug. 1, 2017

Known as the ' Champagne of Teas', Darjeeling tea is characterised by its delicate taste and shimmering golden colour. Enjoy our wonderfully light Darjeeling, carefully grown in the foothills of the Himalayas.

I really enjoyed this bagged version of Darjeeling - and I am a Darjeeling lover. This one is not nearly as bitter as some, and really fresh smelling and tasting for a bagged tea. Took a solid 3-4 minutes to steep - so give it some time and enjoy. I did add sweetener to it - but you certainly don't need to. Very traditional Darjeeling flavor with a slight caffeine buzz.

This is undoubtedly the best Darjeeling I've tried in tea bags yet, and it's surprisingly affordable. It's a broken-leaf tea, but I think it surpasses even "full-leaf" teas in pyramid sachets, like those from Two Leaves Tea or Novus Tea.

Very green character the greenest I've ever had from a tea bag. Is this pure first flush? It seems like it. Brews a light golden amber cup if steeped for 3 minutes or less, almost looking more like a green tea than black.

Aroma is a little subdued, but there's a strong muscatel grape quality, and a hint of caramel and wintergreen.

Flavor is naturally sweet, with a pleasantly bitter finish. Moderate astringency, especially in the finish, and especially if brewed strongly.

Easily makes two infusions. The second requires a much longer steeping, but I was still able to make a flavorful cup even if my first steeping was longer.

Impressive. My palate has been a bit spoiled for lower grade teas by trying some of the best, top-grade Darjeeling first flush teas that I've sampled yet, from Happy Earth Tea, yet this still struck me as a very good tea. That says something! This even beats out some loose-leaf Darjeelings.
3 Comments

The aroma is sweet, it is hard to describe it as anything other than that, it is sweet and very pleasant.

I am beginning to think I am not a fan of Darjeeling unless it is in a blend, because this is the second Darjeeling I have had and not been fond of.

The taste was tart, bitter and a little muddied. I am willing to take responsibility and either the water was too hot or I steeped it too long to make it taste so bitter. I will not give up on the tea all together but this particular bag was not for me.

I'm not usually a big fan of darjeeling teas. It tastes kind of bitter and vegetal, and I don't like those qualities. It's not as strong and rich as the kinds of black teas that I like more. It tastes kind of dry. I added cream and sugar.

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon