Green Tea Tropical

Style:Flavored Green Tea
Region:Blend
Loose/teabag:Sachet

This tea's info last updated: Jan. 12, 2017

...smooth green tea leaves that harmoniously blend with sweet tropical fruits...

A few years back my wife was in the hospital for a 12 days stretch, and I was there with her to watch and wait. I didn't have a lot of creature comforts at that time, but I did have some matches of Green Tea Tropical. Without a way to get hot water (I wasn't one to ask for things or venture far from the room at the time), I brewed this in a water bottle over and over throughout the day with cold tap, one bag per day until it ran out. It probably sounds awful, but it wasn't. The tea held up to all those cold-water brewings and still had enough flavor to overpower the tap. I'll never be able to separate this tea from that experience, so I thought I'd share.

For me there's more floral than fruit to this tea, and the underlying green is good, if a bit weak. I can see how some might get sick of the strong'ish fruity flavor, but it's better iced and weak. If you have a few bags left and you weren't so sure about this tea after trying it hot, iced is also nice.

This is pretty sweet and tropical. I really like their tea bag design.

A very tasty tea with fruity notes and smells great in the bag and while steeping. No sweetener needed. A fave for sure! (But a bit pricey). NOT grassy - very fruity and not so green.

The aroma and flavor is decidedly fruity with floral undertones. It transports me. This was a "gateway" tea for me as I made the jump to loose leaf tea. I've found that other tea newbies also like it. Available loose or in silken tea pouches. Makes a great gift.

Not bitter at all, and the fruitiness outweighs any sort of tea aroma. I would prefer a stronger presence of the green tea relative to the fruit, but I still enjoy it, however. This is well-executed for a fruit-flavored green tea.

My only complaint is the price tag!

External Reviews

Our editorial team has selected the following reviews from other websites:

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon