Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls Green Tea

Brand:Teavana
Style:Jasmine Pearls
Region:?????

This tea's info last updated: Jan. 26, 2016

Young green tea leaves are scented 3-4 times with summery blossoms of fresh jasmine, this tea is a phenomenon of fragrance and sweetness. Three leaves are hand rolled into pearls that slowly unfold the rich and smooth sweet floral flavor.

Brewing Instructions: (from Teavana)

Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons. Good for multiple infusions.

So expensive but fun and tasty. A novel-tea. (Pun intended). I am a big jasmine fan - but there are better ones out there. Still, I liked it.

I thought this tea was great, I really enjoyed the jasmine smell and the flavor. I think it's definitely a great basic jasmine for me to have around the house (although it's a little pricier than what I would normally get). While I didn't find it out-of-this-world, I thought it was yummy just the same. :)

Today I go to teavana and see this in the stores, this tea have a natural flavor and with few sugar it taste so good.

This struck me as a solid-quality Jasmine tea, but nothing extraordinary.

Unlike many of Teavana's offerings, it's on the strong side.

Flavor is smooth, but there is a bitter undertone. To me, this tea felt fairly strongly caffeinated. Aroma is perfumey, more than I like it to be. The base tea is very mild and I mostly smell jasmine, but the tea makes more of a presence flavor-wise than aromatically.

For all Teavana boasts about this tea working well for multiple infusions, I found it did not. Unless you make the first infusion very brief, most of the Jasmine scent departs after the first cup, and the remaining aromatic qualities for any subsequent cups are limited to faint tones of olive and a few mild vegetal characteristics.

This tea is expensive, but to be fair, I've always found this type of tea to be overpriced, and I don't think Teavana's is priced that much higher than other companies.