Jun Shan Yin Zhen

Brand:Camellia Sinensis Tea House
Style:Junshan Yinzhen
Region:Hunan, China

This tea's info last updated: Oct. 30, 2013

Produced in small quantities, this...comes from an island in the middle of Lake Dongting in Hunan Province and is produced using an ancestral technique of smothered fermentation. The fine downy buds also acquire a vegetal character (cauliflower) with hints of clover honey. The crystalline liquor is grassy and slightly sharp and offers a deep fruity (pear) and floral finish. A rarity to savour in a timeless moment.

Page 1 of 1 page with 1 review

I really wanted to like this tea. "Camellia Sinensis" has a very good reputation and I'm a huge fan of Jun Shan Yin Zhen. Unfortuantely, while this particular tea is GOOD and has a near-excellent value, it isn't GREAT. I steeped 2.5g at 190F for 3 minutes.This tea is known for being mild in flavour yet even with this standard I found it to be somewhat dull. A resteeping under the same settings had a reversal of an effect; the tea was now too astringent and tannic for my liking. However, like my other instances with Jun Shan Yin Zhen I find more than 2 cups gives me a long-lasting energy and focus that, whilst not intense, was definitely prevalent roughly an hour after my last cup. In short, I like how this tea makes me feel and find it to be a useful functional food.