Bengal Spice Herbal Tea

Brand:Celestial Seasonings
Style:Herbal Tea
Product page:Bengal Spice Herbal Tea

This tea's info last updated: Mar. 27, 2018

Brimming with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves, this adventurous blend is our caffeine-free interpretation of chai, the piquant Indian brew traditionally made with black tea. Try it with milk and sugar for a true chai experience.

Reviewer pic87 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 4/5

Oooh, tasty! A non-caffeinated chai that's a lovely balance of spicy and sweet, with enough complexity to be interesting. It tastes like a red hot candy without the heat. It should be a dessert tea, I think. Easily the most impressed I've been with Celestial Seasonings so far.

Reviewer pic60 Aroma: 3/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

I didn't treat this as an interpretation of chai as some other reviewers did; I just went to a friend's house, found the name interesting, and asked if I could try a cup. I don't find the spice unpleasant or overwhelming; on the contrary, I found it quite good, and I appreciated that the spice lent the tea a caffeine-free 'kick'. I found cinnamon and cardamom to be the primary flavors.

Reviewer pic20 Aroma: 2/10 Flavor: 1/5 Value: 1/5

This tea was very disappointing. Too much cinnamon and spice, not enough flavor. It tasted raw and nasty.

Reviewer pic17 Aroma: 2/10 Flavor: 1/5 Value: 1/5

I'm a big fan of chai, so I would have thought this tea would be good, except I tried it because my friend said it was terrible. I was open to liking it, but she was right. It has an overwhelming flavor of cinnamon, looming to suck its victims into a drowning cinnamon abyss. I had about 3 sips of it, with added sugar and cream just like I drink my chai, and I couldn't drink any more. I'm usually neutral about herbal teas, but this one was intensely wrong.

Reviewer pic100 Aroma: 10/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

i love chai, but i'm trying to cut down the caffiene (decaf just makes me feel cheated, somehow) so i decided to try this herbal "interpretation" of chai. i wasn't expecting much- despite the picture of a tiger on the box i expected this tea to be kind of tame. but curiosity won out, and i made my first cup last night. i was VERY pleasantly surprised! it smells wonderful, for the first thing. the spices are so strong, it has that cinnamon heat going... not for the faint of heart! i adore it already. i don't miss the caffiene at all!

Reviewer pic93 Aroma: 9/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

Bengal spice is one of my favorite teas right now. The spices are very warming and comforting and remind me of Christmas! It is a perfect sweet and spicy fall and winter tea. No stevia or sweetener added!! And like the others say, its gets very strong if you leave the bag in - delicious!

Reviewer pic83 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 5/5

Great for a spicy evening cup of tea when you don't want any caffeine. Just don't let it brew too long, unless you like a REALLY strong spice flavor.

Reviewer pic87 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 5/5 Value: 5/5

A great cheap option for a non-caffeinated chai. Very strong flavor, especially if you let it brew. Nice to drink after dinner.

More Herbal Tea from Celestial Seasonings