Chamomile - Organic

Caffeine:Caffeine Free
Region:Egypt
Loose/teabag:Sachet

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 2, 2016

Delicious little flowers - that's how we think of our Chamomile. Open up a packet and take a whiff. You'll smell a rich apple scent (in Greek, Kamai means apple) with soft honey notes. It's sweet, relaxing and the best chamomile you'll ever have.

Wow, well, either chamomile is growing on me, or I've finally learned how to brew it. This one has a very strong (but not bitter) flavor. I heated up the water for one minute in a microwave before adding the sachet, and (based on the reviews below) kept the steep time shorter than normal. Once it looked sufficiently golden, I squeezed the bag and removed it. The result is a flavorful, satisfying cup. Over priced, but well done!

First off, let me just say that I really do like most of the teas that I've tried from Two Leaves and a Bud. In fact, their Jasmine Petal Tea and African Sunset are two of my favorite bagged teas!

Second off, there is this tea.... this tea was blech. Just plain blech. My apologies to anyone who enjoyed it, but the smell is far far far too strong for my liking! Its sickeningly sweet aroma overpowered my senses to the point that I couldn't bring the tea cup to my lips to take a third sip, which is too bad because the tea actually tasted pretty good (I managed to get in two sips to find this out!) - I won't be having this flavor again, unless it can be re-worked.

I still would recommend Two Leaves and a Bud for bagged tea, but after this experience, not their chamomile!

Yummy; fresh tasting. I was happily distracted by the fact that there are whole flowers in the teabag.

It was good, but not much different from other chamomile teas I've had.

Less fruity and a little more grass or straw in the aroma when compared to other chamomile teas. A tiny bit of sourness in the aftertaste, but otherwise clean and fresh tasting. Definitely one of the better chamomile teas I've tried. Full-bodied and rich.

A bit on the expensive side, but not too unreasonable given that the bag contains generous amounts of chamomile.

Keep in mind if you're used to brewing chamomile tea with a basic tea bag, there's a lot of chamomile in these sachets, and it can easily make a cup that is too strong and a bit overwhelming if you brew it in a smaller cup or mug. I find the sachet works well for a giant-sized (16-20) ounce mug, or for making two servings for regular-sized cups.