Jasmine Green (Formerly Monkey King) - Organic - Fair Trade

Brand:Numi Organic Tea
Style:Jasmine Tea
Region:Hunan, China

This tea's info last updated: Dec. 15, 2013

Fragrant organic jasmine flowers are laid atop organic green tea leaves as their scent is naturally embraced. Scented three times, this smooth green tea has layers of subtle fragrance and hints of moonlight.

This tea had a strong jasmine scent that was very pleasant. The green tea wasn't as distinct of a scent for me, though once I began sipping it was definitely counter-balancing the jasmine. This one tasted a *lot* like flowering teas I've had in the past.

For the second steeping, I added a bit of honey, but found that it almost overwhelmed the tea's flavors. I didn't think I was putting in an excessive amount, but it's worth noting that a little bit goes a long way.

Finally, I should add that I have a tea kettle with digital temperatures and, since it was a green tea, I boiled the water at 175 F.

Definitely not a bad tea, and if you like jasmine I suspect you'll love it, but I would have prefered a stronger green tea aroma and taste to go with the jasmine. This one simply fell short of hitting the spot for me.

Update: The first time I made this was at home with my precisely heated kettle and filtered water. I've tried it again at work, which has a machine that dispenses hot, filtered water. Also, I added a little sugar. I'm not sure if the water quality is different or if I need to adjust the brewing temperature at home, but I definitely liked the tea better at work. How odd. It's still not a favorite, but I'm glad I tried it under different circumstances.

Update 2: I tried this at home again with unfiltered tap water -- and I actually liked it more! The tea simply does better this way. Interesting!

Surprisingly great for a bagged tea. Loved it - scent and taste.