Chai (Organic Tazo Chai) - Organic

This page is for the caffeinated version. See also Decaf Chai Filterbag.

Brand:Tazo Tea
Style:Chai / Spiced Tea
Region:Assam, India

This tea's info last updated: Aug. 1, 2017

A rich, robust blend of organic black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper & spices.

Chai is not my go to flavor, but sometimes it really hits the spot. This chai tea is the best I've found at our local grocery. It's my husband's favorite.

As others have noted, clove and pepper come through in this tea. Cinnamon and other flavors are subtle. I added sugar and milk and really liked it. In short, as a bagged tea this one is pretty solid.

Overall a very good chai - way I would like chai (I'm Indian) to be. I find other chai brands to be over powered with cinnamon or chicory. Tazo has a better balance in the chai masala.
In Canada, Tazo is more expensive than US, but still worth it.
Let me know what others think is a better chai brand out there.

This tea was decent. I enjoyed its nice cinnamon flavor and smell. It wasn't too strong because I brewed it for a short time. I prefer my spicey teas to be subtle! I assume the longer suggested brew time would yield a stronger tea.

A pleasant and drinkable, but somewhat uninteresting spiced tea or masala chai in a tea bag.

Brews a rich reddish brown color. Bold but clean flavor...moderately bitter and not very astringent.

I definitely notice clove as the dominant aroma. There's not much cinnamon, and I like that, as many commercial chai blends have too much for my taste. It does taste a bit more peppery than I like, like Slipster observed. I can't notice many discernable qualities to the base tea, which is unfortunate. There's a sharpness to the flavor, which seems typical of Assam teas, and a rice-like quality to the aroma, which I associate with some lighter black teas.

Leaves a pleasant tingly sensation on the palate, presumably from the clove.

I drank this plain; it might taste better with milk, as it had a bit of a sharp, cutting flavor that is usually a sign that it would pair better with milk.

I find that the Tazo Chai tends to have too much pepper flavor for me. Of all the chai's I have tried this has the strongest pepper taste and I just don' like it. I prefer cinnamon and cloves.

A strong, workmanlike chai. Ginger leads, which I enjoy. Nice body to the remaining flavors, which are assertive yet nicely blended. Good value.