Ceylon Orange Pekoe

Brand:Twinings
Style:Ceylon Black Tea
Region:Matale, Sri Lanka (Dimbula)
Product page:Ceylon Orange Pekoe

This tea's info last updated: Jan. 8, 2018

...Our blend is created by carefully selecting the finest teas from the high-altitude district of Dimbula, which give this tea its bright, golden colour and crisp, refreshing taste.

Reviewer pic70 Aroma: 8/10 Flavor: 3/5 Value: 4/5

Good! Not particularly memorable, but good! I like the aroma! But it's just not as good as half of their other, popular black tea's.

Reviewer pic63 Aroma: 5/10 Flavor: 4/5 Value: 4/5

A classic British-style Ceylon tea. Medium-strength black tea with a fairly clean, cool taste. Moderate bitterness and astringency, little sourness. Maltier and deeper than some Ceylons.

Above average among Twinings offerings and better than what I typically expect from a tea bag. This is an example of a tea that Twinings does well.

I have continued to sample more of Twinings pure teas, and I keep coming back to this one as the gold standard. It is my favorite tea from Twinings and I have yet to try one that I like better than this, although their Irish Breakfast is not bad and certainly comes close. I strongly recommend this one over their English Breakfast; this one tastes as good as any mainstream English Breakfast tea to me.

More Black Tea from from Twinings