Mtn High Chai - Organic - Fair Trade

Style:Chai / Spiced Tea
Region:Assam, India
Loose/teabag:Sachet

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 2, 2016

In India, tea is served spiced, sold on the street by the Chai-Wallah, the chai guy. Our Mountain High Chai is like a trip to India in a cup. We'll leave it up to you to decide if you'd like to sweeten up your cuppa' chai with some sugar or smooth it out with milk.

My nose needs improvement, I realize, but I smelled cinnamon as the dominant spice. Can cloves, which my fellow reviewers have noticed playing such a dominant role in this tea, mimic cinnamon to such a great degree? I don't know. Whether cinnamon or clove, one note drowns out all others. We live in a world where good chais are abundant. No need to settle for this tea, especially considering its price.

After reading the reviews that said the flavor was a bit weak, I steeped mine until the water turned cold and added a bit of sugar and milk. I think the longer brewing time helped the weak flavor. It was pretty good, though a bit astringent at the bottom of my mug. The aroma is awesome, but the flavor just doesn't live up to that.

Based on the deliciously spicy dry aroma I was very excited to try this tea. Unfortunately, the flavor was much more flat, weak, and less interesting. How unfortunate.

On the plus side, it makes for a solid latte. So if you like your tea with milk and perhaps a bit of sugar, this may well be a favorite cup for you. But I certainly feel like there are better chais out there.

I paid $2 for a cup at a cafe, which in this case I'd call over priced.

can smell the spices... smells quite good! unsure of value, but the taste is smooth and flavorful...good every way I had it...plain, plain with sugar and then with sugar and milk.....stays good the whole time....diverse and flavorful!

The aroma of this tea is delightful! The smell is sweet and spicy, very rich with lots of clove.

Sadly the aroma and the taste did not match, I found the tea underwhelming. Still a nice clove taste but really that is it. I am sadly disappointed.

I really liked the smell of this tea, the spices were strong, especially the cloves. Unfortunately, the taste didn't match. I thought the tea itself was flavorless in comparison to it's rich aroma.

This is an excellent chai with a very good balance of spices. It has a nice, rich flavor that lingers for a long time. I added a little milk and sugar to mine and it tastes just like a chai latte you'd get at a coffee shop (probably because it's smoother and more full-bodied than a lot of teabag chais). This is one of my favorite chai teas I've tried.

It tastes a little weak for the recommended 3 minute steep time, but a good balance of tea and spices. It smells predominantly like tea. I like to drink it with cream and sugar.

This is a delightful chai, perfect for waking up too late for breakfast tea, but still too early for afternoon tea. It is not dominated by cinnamon, which is a nice change.

It suggests steeping for 3 minutes, but the longer it steeps the richer the flavor gets (it's been in my cup for the past 30 minutes). I'm sipping on an unsweetened cup, but it would probably be delightful with a little bit of honey, for those with a sweet tooth.

Clove is dominant in the aroma, and cardamon is also present. Happily, this one does not overdo the cinnamon the way many American chai's do.

The tea is a mellow, smooth tea, and is overpowered by the spice, especially by the clove. I think they would have done better to use a stronger base tea.

Enjoyable, and in my opinion better than most chai's on the market, but not even remotely close to how I would make it myself. People who like a smoother ready-made teabag chai might like this one though.