Japanese Sencha - Organic

Style:Sencha
Region:Japan
Loose/teabag:Sachet

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 16, 2017

Sencha is one of Japan’s most popular and beloved teas. These young, antioxidant rich, high quality tea leaves, are gently steamed to release its light green color and healthy components. Our organic sencha whole leaf sachets produces a smooth, sweet tasting flavor with a delicate aroma.

Brewing Instructions: (from Bare Tea)

160-170 F degrees
2 minutes

Excellent sencha! This tastes exactly like the tea I had while living in Japan. Pleasantly grassy, smoothly savory with a light sweetness. Goes great with food too. Simply great tea. Highly recommended!

Each bag has quite a lot of tea in it, so I definitely recommend both a relatively short steep time and repeated infusions. And, of course, you'll want to use the typically lower temperature ideal for green teas to prevent scalding.

I have been drinking this tea for the last few months and it is the best tea I ever drank! I feel more energized and I its satisfying. Finally I found an organic tea that I can taste the green tea leaves. I highly recommend trying the bare tea brand. Also try the apple green tea and massala chai!

I agree with Alex, I thought this was one of the better bagged Senchas I've had so far. I really enjoyed the fresh grassy smell and the spinachy taste. I brewed it for a short time, so its taste wasn't too overpowering.

Definitely among the best senchas (if not the best) that I've ever had from a tea bag!

Flavor is mild and a little brothy. Aroma is slightly toasty, slightly seaweedy.

Easily brews two infusions...the first two cups are outstanding for a tea bag, although they have less of that pleasant sweet grass quality that some of the better loose-leaf senchas have. I steeped 2 minutes and then 3. The third cup is bold and flavorful, but its aroma is milder...I found I wasn't able to get the third steep to turn out to sastisfaction because it became bitter before its aroma was strong enough to satisfy me.

I experimented a bit with brewing temperature and found that this tea wasn't terribly picky; I like brewing it around 170-180F.

I had initially commented that this company was much pricier than other brands of high-end tea sachets, like Two Leaves Tea and Mighty Leaf. I see though that they've lowered their price and are now in a similar price range to these brands, perhaps a notch higher, but I think the quality is much higher and worth the premium.

FacebookTwitterTumblrInstagramPinterestGoogle+Patreon